How have things changed re: Optimizing Google Places after merger with Google+ Local?
Some things have changed. Some things have remained the same. Click on any of the links below to get the rest of the story on each of the top ten Secret ranking factors for Google+ Local and Google Places. To be honest, they are not all secret. However, some of them are commonly ignored.
1. Understanding the relationship of Google Places and Google+ Local to the Google Everything Search Engine
2. Never forget Google’s core principle: Provide Excellent, original, relevant content
3. Prove to Google that you are trusted with Lots of relevant citations from trusted sources
4. Get reviews and respond to negative reviews – No matter the effect on ranking, the effect on conversion is monumental
5. Pay attention to the quality, ranking and SEO of the website listed on Google Places
6. Company name, address, and phone number (NAP) must be identical over entire web
8. The company must claim their Google Places Listing
9. Category keywords and location in website URL, title tag, headline, content, and footer
10. No black hat ever – Follow Google’s Rules
Popularity: 3% [?]